Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If You Are Having A Bad Day, Or Good Day, Then Please Read This

   I have been couponing for nearly two years now and Southern Savers is the website that started it all for me. That site helped me exponentially in the process and taught me everything I know today about couponing. Jenny, the wonderful lady who owns Southern Savers, is currently in Haiti with Operation Christmas Child and Samaritan's Purse. She posted from Haiti this morning and you can find it HERE.

  It was truly a humbling experience when I read her post from Haiti. I know things here can be difficult as we all go through our own struggles on a daily basis. It gets frustrating to be in that traffic jam on the way to work. The laundry has piled up all week and has to be done. Gas prices keep rising and energy costs are going through the roof and cutting into our budget. I go through my own struggles just like everyone else.

  If you are having a bad day, or a good day for that matter, please click on the link above and read it. I am sure you will be glad you did. We are all guilty of taking the things and people we have in our life for granted, but reading the post and watching the video certainly put a lot of things into perspective for me and made me stop and take time to appreciate all that I have. It's not much, but it's mine. I don't owe a dime on my house or vehicles and have no credit card bills. I am thankful for that. I have a wonderful wife and three terrific kids and I am grateful for that. I have to go do laundry and tend to Ethan, who has the flu and I am grateful for that. There is so much to be grateful for here in America and, if you have any doubts about that, read Jenny's Post.

 There is one other thing that I am grateful for; everyone who reads this, then reads Jenny's post, and passes it along. This is awesome stuff folks. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment